Recorded as from New York. (The Primitives Gallery of Harry Stone, New York, by 1942). Purchased in 1950 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- Exhibition of One Hundred and Fifty Years of American Primitives, The Primitives Gallery of Harry Stone, New York, 1942, no. 36.
- The American Primitive Paintings Exhibit, organized by the Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara, California, for de Saisset Art Gallery, University of Santa Clara, 1968.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Roger C. B. Morton, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C., 1971-1975.
- American Folk Art: Tour in the Arkansas Artmobile Bicentennial Exhibition, traveling exhibition organized by the Arkansas Arts Center, Little Rock, 1975-1976, no cat.
- A Little Bestiary: Naive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Montclair Art Museum, Montclair, New Jersey, 1988, no cat.
- Drepperd, Carl W. American Pioneer Arts and Artists. Springfield, Massachusetts, 1942: 77.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 132, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 272, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 398, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 463-464, repro. 463.