No overview available.
on the banderole around the saint's reed cross: [ECCE] ANIVS DEI QVI T[OLLIT PECCATUM MUNDI]
Marks and Labels
Marquis Pietro Francesco Rinuccini, Florence, by 1852; (his sale, Palazzo Rinuccini Fondacci di Santo Spirito, Florence, 1 May 1852, no. 128, as by Botticelli, possibly bought in); by inheritance to Marianna Rinuccini, who in 1855 married Marquis Giorgio Trivulzio [d. 1856], Milan; Trivulzio family, Milan, until at least 1931. (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence); sold October 1937 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 181-182, no. 394.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 247, repro. 187.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 56, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 70, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 122.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 109, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 324, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:425, II:pl. 304
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 100, no. 69, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 371, repro.
- Mündler, Otto. "The Travel Diaries of Otto Mündler." Ed. Carol Togneri Dowd. Walpole Society 51 (1985): 92, 265.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 632-636, color repro.
- Land, Norman E. "Interviewing the Art of Jacopo del Sellaio." SECAC Review 16, no. 1 (2011): 6 fig. 5, 7.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection