No overview available.
Marks and Labels
George Wilbraham, M.P. [1779-1852], Delamere House, near Northwich, Cheshire, by 1829; by inheritance to his son, George Fortescue Wilbraham [1815-1885], Delamere House; by inheritance to his son, Major Hugh Edward Wilbraham, M.B.E. [1857-1930], Delamere House; purchased January 1929 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 1938 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- British Institution, London, 1829, no. 161, as Titian's Daughter.
- Royal Academy, London, 1883, no. 191, as Caterina Coronaro.
- The Venetian School. Pictures by Titian and his Contemporaries. Burlington Fine Arts Club, London, 1915, no. 19, plate XII
- Masterpieces of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture from 1300-1800, New York World's Fair, 1939, no. 383.
- Italian Renaissance Portraits, M. Knoedler & Co., New York, 1940, no. 21.
- Obras Maestras de la National Gallery of Art de Washington, Museo Nacional de Antropología, Mexico City, 1996-1997, unnumbered catalogue, 46-47, color repro.
- Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art; Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, 1999, no. 78, repro.
- Duveen Brothers. Duveen Pictures in Public Collections of America. New York, 1941: nos. 155-157, repros., as Portrait of Giulia di Gonzaga-Colonna [Presumed].
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 197-198, no. 403, as Portrait of a Lady (Giulia di Gonzaga-Colonna ?).
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 247, repro. 198, as Portrait of a Lady (Giulia di Gonzaga-Colonna ?).
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. The Kress Collection in the National Gallery. New York, 1944: 53, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 125, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 194, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 129.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 117, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 186-187, fig. 435.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 344, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:495-496, II:pl. 349, as Attributed to Titian.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 210, no. 254, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 395, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection