No overview available.
upper right: To his friend / Louis Husson / Thomas Eakins / 1899.; on reverse: To Katy Husson from her friend Thomas Eakins.
Marks and Labels
The sitter [1844-1923], Philadelphia, from 1899. His daughter, Katharine Husson Horstick [Mrs. Simon M. Horstick, d. 1956], Hatboro, Pennsylvania, by 1917; bequest 1957 to NGA.
- Fifteenth Annual Exhibition, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, 1911, no. 74.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the Late Thomas Eakins, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1917, no. 104, as Portrait: Louis Husson.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Walter Curley, U.S. Embassy residence, Paris, France, 1989-1992.
- Goodrich, Lloyd. "Thomas Eakins, Realist." Pennsylvania Museum Bulletin 25 (March 1930): 27, no. 189.
- Goodrich, Lloyd. Thomas Eakins: His Life and Work. New York, 1933: 190.
- Schendler, Sylvan. Eakins. Boston, 1967: repro. 256.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 52, repro.
- Hendricks, Gordon. The Life and Work of Thomas Eakins. New York, 1974: 170, repro. 171.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 150, repro.
- Wilmerding, John. American Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1980: 116, repro.
- Williams 1981, 169, repro. 171.
- Goodrich, Lloyd. Thomas Eakins. 2 vols. Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1982: 2:215, repro. 58.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 553, no. 838, color repro.
- Wilmerding, John. American Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art. Rev. ed. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1988: 134, repro.
- American Paintings from the Manoogian Collection. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; Detroit Institute of Arts. Washington, D.C., 1989: repro. 126.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 166, repro.
- Kelly, Franklin, with Nicolai Cikovsky, Jr., Deborah Chotner, and John Davis. American Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part I. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1996: 173-176, color repro.
 A paper label affixed to the cardboard backing reads: "cleaned and revarnished with Mastic by Charles Bregler Phila. Pa June 1938" (in NGA curatorial files).
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection