Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection: Renaissance Bronzes. Oxford, 1931: 72, no. 58, pl. 36.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 137, as Rectangular box.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 492.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 167, repro.
- Gregori, Mina, ed. In the Light of Apollo: Italian Renaissance and Greece. Exh. cat. National Gallery and Alexandros Souzos Museum, Athens, 2003-2004: 1:203-204.