Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Fanciful Flourishes: Ornament in European Graphic Art and Related Objects, 1300-1800, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1994, brochure, no. 16.
- The Fantastic in Renaissance Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2000, no cat.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection: Renaissance Bronzes. Oxford, 1931: 78, no. 62, pl. 39.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 138, repro. 37, as Paduan 16th Century, Lamp.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 480.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 73.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 192, repro.
- Banzato, Davide, Maria Beltramini, and Davide Gasparatto, eds. Placchette, bronzetti e cristalli incisi dei Musei Civici di Vicenza, secoli XV-XVIII. Vicenza, 1997: 109.