No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Eugène Piot [1812-1890], Paris; (his sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 21-24 May 1890, 2nd day, no. 35, as Italian School, 16th century). Mme. Léon Gauchez; (her sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 20-23 April 1892, no. 113). Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Master Bronzes Selected from Museums and Collections in America, Buffalo Fine Arts Academy, Albright Art Gallery, 1937, no. 149, repro.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection: Renaissance Bronzes. Oxford, 1931: 90, no. 79, pl. 45.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 141, repro. 38.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Sttuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 549.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 156.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 104, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection