Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); purchased 1944 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Exhibition of Architecture in Early Renaissance Pictures, Allen Memorial Art Gallery, Oberlin, Ohio, 1955, no. 4, repro. [catalogue in the museum's Bulletin, Winter 1955: 68-81].
- Joseph Ternbach: Conservator - Collector, The Queens Museum, Flushing, New York, 1984-1985, no. 61.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931. Vol.II, 10.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 141, repro. 58, as Attributed to Donatello.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 319.
- Rossi, Francesco. La collezione Mario Scaglia: placchette. 3 vols. Bergamo, 2011: 1:110, under Prototipo, M.2, as by Bartolomeo Bellano.