Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Antiquity in the Renaissance, Smith College Museum of Art, Northampton, Massachusetts, 1978, no. 73.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931: 44-45, no. 51, pl. 18, as Florentine.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 143, as Florentine.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 78, no. 269, fig. 50, as after the antique.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 27, no. 2.
- Rossi, Francesco. "Le Gemme Antiche e le Origini della Placchetta." Studies in the History of Art 22 (1989): 62-63, fig. 12, as plausibly Florentine.