Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931. vol. II, 334.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Sttuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 382.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 66, no. 18.
- Pope-Hennessy, John. "The Study of Italian Plaquettes." Studies in the History of Art 22 (1989): 22-23, fig. 11.
- Lewis, Douglas and Tom Eden. "A 'Renaissance' plaquette design from nineteenth-century Vienna." The Medal 60 (Spring 2012): 4-15.