No overview available.
lower right on altar: VALERIVS / FE
Marks and Labels
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Molinier 1886, 1:193, no. 264.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931. vol. II, 242, no. 353, pl. 102.
- National Gallery of Art. Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Intro. by Perry B. Cott. Washington, 1951: 156, no. A-631.353B.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Sttuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 9, no. 6, fig. 354.
- Kris, Ernst. Meister und Meisterwerke der Steinschneidekunst in der italienischen Renaissance. 1929. Reprint, 2 vols. in 1. Vienna, 1979: 51-52, 162, no. 175, pl. 41.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 114, no. 4.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection