around circumference: SIGISMONDVS PANDVLFVS DE MALATESTIS S[anctae] RO[manae] ECLESIE C[apitaneus] GENERALIS
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his heirs; purchased with the entire Dreyfus collection 9 July 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 31 January 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration - Reinstallation of Kress Collection, Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama, 2001-2002, no cat.
- Hill, George Francis, and Graham Pollard. Renaissance Medals from the Samuel H. Kress Collection at the National Gallery of Art. London, 1967: no. 60.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 24, no. 10.
- Pollard, John Graham. Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. 2 vols. Washington, 2007: 1:no. 27, repro.
- Pasini, Pier Giorgio. Il tesoro di Sigismondo e le medaglie di Matteo de' Pasti. Bologna, 2009: repro. 19.