No overview available.
Marks and Labels
(Ambroise Vollard [1867-1939], Paris) by 1912; sold to Marius de Zayas [1881-1961] by 1916. Purchased by Edward Steichen [1879-1973] for Eugene [1875-1959] and Agnes Ernst Meyer [1887-1970], Mount Kisco, New York, by 1921; gift 1958 to NGA.
- The Modern Gallery, New York, 1916
- Loan Exhibition of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Paintings, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1921, no. 22
- Loan, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1923
- Cezanne: An Exhibition in Honor of the Fiftieth Anniversary of The Phillips Collection, The Phillips Collection, Washington; The Art Institute of Chicago; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1971, no. 51, repro.
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, State Hermitage Museum, Leningrad, and State Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow, 1986
- Cézanne: Les ateliers du Midi, Palazzo Reale, Milan, 2011-2012, no. 32, repro.
- Bulletin of The Metropolitan Museum of Art (1923): 263.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 25
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 17, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 58, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 499, no. 740, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 79, repro.
- Rewald, John. The Paintings of Paul Cézanne: a catalogue raisonné. 2 vols. New York, 1996:no. 893, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection