Admission is always free Directions

Open today: 10:00 to 5:00

Inscription

lower right in graphite: John Taylor Arms 1936; lower left: Finchingfield - "The most beautiful village in Essex" The bridge is brick with stone coping and stone arch. The retaining / wall at other side of stream is brick with stone coping. Two buildings at extreme left by bridge are brick. Cast shadows / Yet texture everywhere. Stone strip at base of bridge, by water. Chickens in foreground? April 8, 1936.

Marks and Labels

BS: Thistle w/ words: [STRATH]MORE / TRADEMARK / DRAWING BOARD

Provenance

LJR (Lugt Supp.1760b)

Bibliography
1982
Fine 1982, p.100-101, fig.29b.