No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Prince de Carignan; (his sale, Paris, 18 June 1743 and days following, no. 101). François-Louis de Bourbon, Prince de Conti [d. 1776], Paris; (his sale, Paris, 8 April - June 1777, no. 104); Langlier. Antoine Poullain, Paris [d. 1780]; (his estate sale, Hôtel de Bullion by J.B.P. Lebrun, Paris, 15-21 March 1780, 3rd day, no. 4); Lebrun; Joseph-Hyacinthe-François de Paul de Rigaud, comte de Vaudreuil [d. 1817], Paris; (his sale, J.B.P. Lebrun, Paris, 24-25 November 1784, 2nd day, no. 6); (Lebrun, Paris and London). Welbore Ellis Agar [d. 1805], London; by inheritance to Welbore Felix Agar and Emmanuel Felix Agar; purchased 1806 with the entire Agar collection by Robert Grosvenor, 1st marquess of Westminster [d. 1845], Eaton Hall, Cheshire, England; by inheritance to Richard Grosvenor, 2nd marquess of Westminster [d. 1869], Eaton Hall; by inheritance to Hugh Lupus Grosvenor, 1st duke of Westminster [d. 1899], Eaton Hall; by inheritance to Hugh Richard Arthur Grosvenor, 2nd duke of Westminster, Eaton Hall; (Westminster sale, Christie, Manson & Woods, London, 4 July 1924, no. 58); (Buttery, London). (Julius Böhler, Munich and Lucerne); sold 17 February 1925 to Julius H. Haass [d. 1931], Detroit; by inheritance to his wife, Lillian Henkel Haass, until at least 1949. (Newhouse Galleries, New York). (Frederick Mont, Inc., New York), from at least 1956; sold 14 February 1957 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1959 to NGA.
- Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1876, no. 130.
- Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1903, no. 52.
- Fifth Loan Exhibition of Old and Modern Masters, The Detroit Institute of Arts, 1927, no. 24.
- [Loan Exhibition], The Detroit Institute of Arts, 1929.
- Mostra di Paolo Veronese, Ca' Giustinian, Venice, 1939, no. 86.
- Masterpieces of Art from European and American Collections. Twenty-second Loan Exhibition of Old Masters, The Detroit Institute of Arts, 1941, no. 63.
- Masterpieces of Painting from Detroit Private Collections, The Detroit Institute of Arts, 1949.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 209, repro.
- Richardson, E. P., ed. "Accessions of American and Canadian Museums, April-June 1959." The Art Quarterly 22, no. 3 (Autumn 1959): 277.
- Seymour 1961 (Kress), 126, repro. pl. 118
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 308, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 136
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 123, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XVI-XVIII Century. London, 1973: 39-40, fig. 73.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 364, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:524-525, II:pl. 365, as Veronese and Studio.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 215, no. 260, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 422, repro.