Overview

No overview available.

Inscription

center left on scroll: CHA / RIT / AS; center reverse in red paint: F.559 (Prince of Liechtenstein inventory number)

Marks and Labels

null

Provenance

Stefano Bardini [1836-1922], Florence.[1] Prince Liechtenstein, Vienna, by 1896;[2] acquired 2 April 1953 by (J. Seligmann & Co., New York);[3] purchased 1953 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1960 to NGA.

Exhibition History
Bibliography
1956
Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Colllection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1951-56. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida and Fern Rusk Shapley. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1956: 230, no. 92, repro.
1959
Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 386, repro.
1965
Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 157
1968
European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 139, repro.
1976
Middeldorf, Ulrich. Sculptures from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: European Schools XIV-XIX Century. London, 1976: 7.
1984
Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 621, no. 955, repro.
1994
Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 102, repro.
2012
Caglioti, Francesco. "Giovanni di Balduccio at Orsanmichele: The Tabernacle of the Virgin before Andrea Orcagna." In Orsanmichele and the History and Preservation of the Civic Monument. Carlo Brandon Strehlke, ed. Studies in the History of Art 76 Symposium papers 53 (2012):75-110, esp. 84, 104-5 n. 8; repro 76.
2012
Cropper, Elizabeth. "Collaboration, Conservation and Context." National Gallery of Art Bulletin 47 (Fall 2012): 34-35, repro.
Technical Summary