No overview available.
Marks and Labels
George William Fox, 9th Baron Kinnaird [d. 1878], Rossie Priory, Perthshire, Scotland, by 1857. Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi [1878-1955], Florence, by 1939; sold June 1954 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Tintoretto, Museo Nacional del Prado, Madrid, 2007, no. 3, repro.
- Waagen, Gustav Friedrich. Galleries and Cabinets of Art in Great Britain: Being an Account of more than Forty Collections of Paintings, Drawings, Sculptures, Mss., &c.&c., visited in 1854 and 1856, ..., forming a supplemental volume to the "Treasures of Art in Great Britain". London, 1857: 448.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Colllection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1951-56. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida and Fern Rusk Shapley. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1956: 174, no. 69, repro.
- Walker, John. "The Nation's Newest Old Masters." The National Geographic Magazine 110, no. 5 (November 1956): color repro. 620-621, 631.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 200, repro.
- Cairns, Huntington, and John Walker, eds., Treasures from the National Gallery of Art, New York, 1962: 36, color repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 128
- Cairns, Huntington, and John Walker, eds. A Pageant of Painting from the National Gallery of Art. 2 vols. New York, 1966: 1:192, color repro.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 115, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XVI-XVIII Century. London, 1973: 49-50, fig. 91.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 342, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:468-470, II:pl. 334
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 230, no. 291, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 393, repro.
- Nichols, Tom. Tintoretto: Tradition and Identity. London, 1999: 6, 28, 29-30 34, color fig. 8.
- Goldberg, Jonathan. The Seeds of Things: Theorizing Sexuality and Materiality in Renaissance Representations. New York, 2009: pl. 2.
- Ilchman, Frederick, et al. Titian, Tintoretto, Veronese: Rivals in Renaissance Venice. Exh. cat. Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; Musée du Louvre, Paris. Boston, 2009: 108.