No overview available.
center on the open book, the first forty-eight linesof Canto XXV of Paradiso, beginning "Se mai continga..."
Marks and Labels
William Graham [1817-1885], London. Quintin McGarel Hogg, 2nd Viscount Hailsham, London; (his sale, Sotheby's, London, 4 November 1953, no. 28, as by Vasari); purchased by Mawston. (International Financing Co., Panama); sold 1956 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Exhibition of Art Treasures for America from the Samuel H. Kress Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1961-1962, no. 24.
- Visions du Futur: Une histoire des peurs et des espoirs de l'humanité, Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, Paris, 2000-2001, no. 75, repro.
- Bronzino. Artist and Poet at the Court of the Medici., Palazzo Strozzi, Florence, 2010-2011, no. IV.4, repro.
- Seymour 1961 (Kress), 3, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 136, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 50
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 42, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XVI-XVIII Century. London, 1973: 21-22, fig. 44.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 128, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:514-516, II:pl. 360, as Circle of Giorgio Vasari.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 184, no. 207, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 154, repro.
- Cecchi, Alessandro. Agnolo Bronzino, Firenze, 1996, no. 20, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection