No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Sir Thomas Sebright, Beechwood Park, England, by 1857; Sir Giles Edward Sebright, 13th Bt., Beechwood Park, Hertfordshire, England; (Sebright sale, Christie's, London, 2 July 1937, no. 128, as Andrea del Sarto); purchased by Marshall. (Eugenio Ventura, Rome, Italy). (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence and Rome); sold 1950 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Mostra del Pontormo, Palazzo Strozzi, Florence, 1956, no. 161, repro.
- L'officina della maniera. Varietà e fierezza nell'arte fiorentina del Cinquecento fra le due repubbliche 1494-1530, Galleria degli Uffizi, Florence, 1996-1997, no. 133, repro.
- Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, and the Renaissance in Florence, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, 2005, no. 59, repro.
- Longhi, Roberto. "Review of Il Rosso Fiorentino by Paola Barocchi." Paragone 13 (1951): 62, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection Acquired by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation 1945-1951. Introduction by John Walker, text by William E. Suida. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 130, no. 55, repro.
- Briganti, Guilano. "Una Madonna del Rosso." Paragone 43 (1953):51
- Keutner, Herbert. "Zu einigen Bildnissen des Frühen Florentiner Manierismus." Mitteilungen des Kunsthistorischen Institutes in Florenz 8, no. 3 (January 1959):139+, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 106, repro.
- Seymour 1961 (Kress), 108, color repro. pl. 99
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 307, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 116
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 104, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XVI-XVIII Century. London, 1973: 9-10, fig. 15.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 310, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:410-411, II:pl. 290
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 182, no. 203, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 356, repro.
- Hand, John Oliver. National Gallery of Art: Master Paintings from the Collection. Washington and New York, 2004: 98-99, no. 73, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection