No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Possibly private collection, Southern France.  (Frederick Mont, Inc., New York), by at least 1956; sold 14 February 1957 the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Titian, Tintoretto, Paolo Veronese with a group of sixteenth-century Venetian drawings, Art Gallery of Toronto, Toronto, 1960, no. 11, repro.
- Allegory of the Dreams of Men, Detroit Institute of Arts, 1994, no cat.
- Tintoretto, Museo Nacional del Prado, Madrid, 2007, no. 6, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 128
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 114, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XVI-XVIII Century. London, 1973: 51-52, fig. 94.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 342, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:470-471, II:pl. 335
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 230, no. 292, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 394, repro.
- Butterfield, Andrew. "Brush with Genius [review of the exhibition Tintoretto, Museo Nacional del Prado, Madrid, 2007] ." The New York Review of Books (26 April 2007): 12, repro. 14.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection