No overview available.
on book: CONTINET IN GERMIO CELV[M] TERRA[M] Q[UE]REGENTE[M] VIRGO DEI GENETRIX MCCCXXI
Marks and Labels
Palazzo Lazara, Padua. (Paul Drey, New York) by 1935 until at least 1938. (Duveen Brothers, Inc., New York) by 1940. Acquired 1944 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Exhibition of Sculpture of the Italian Renaissance, A.S. Drey Galleries, New York, 1935, no. 1, as by The Comacini.
- Eighteenth Loan Exhibition of Old Masters: Italian Gothic and Early Renaissance Sculptures [cover title: Italian Sculpture 1250-1500], Detroit Institute of Arts, 1938, no. 6, repro., as North Italian.
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. Supplement to the Kress Collection in the National Gallery. New York, 1946: 18, repro., as North Italian
- Middeldorf, Ulrich. Sculptures from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: European Schools XIV-XIX Century. London, 1976: 12.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 232, repro.
- Norman Herz, Katherine A. Holbrow and Shelley G. Sturman. "Marble Sculture in the National Gallery of Art: a Provenance Study." In Max Schvoerer, ed. Archéomatériaux: marbres et autres roches: ASMOSIA IV, Bordeaux, France 9-13 october 1995: actes de la IVème Conférence international de l’Association pour l’étude des marbres et autres roches utilizes dans le passé. Talence, 1999: 101-110.
- Penny, Nicholas. "The Evolution of the Plinth, Pedestal, and Socle." In Collecting Sculpture in Early Modern Europe. Nicholas Penny and Eike D. Schmidt, eds. Studies in the History of Art 70, Symposium Papers 47 (2008): 467, 468 fig. 12.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection