lower left, an inventory number: 19
Marks and Labels
F. van Bredael; purchased 1710 by Prince Johann Adam Andreas of Liechtenstein [1657-1712], Vienna; Liechtenstein Collection, Vienna, Austria, and Vaduz, Liechstenstein; purchased 25 October 1963 through (Feilchenfeldt, Zurich) by NGA.
- Meisterwerke aus den Sammlungen des Fürsten von Lichtenstein, Kunstmuseum, Lucerne, 1948, no. 137.
- A Collector's Cabinet, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1998, no. 49, fig. 21.
- Il cammeo Gonzaga: arti preziose alla corte di Mantova, Fruttiere di Palazzo Te, Mantua, 2008-2009, no. 85, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 118
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 106, repro.
- Jaffé, Michael. "Some Recent Acquisitions of Seventeenth-Century Flemish Painting." Studies in the History of Ar 1969 3 (1970): 20-23, fig. 23.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 314, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 252, no. 321, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 361, repro.
- Wheelock, Jr., Arthur K. Flemish Paintings of the Seventeenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2005: 160-166, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection