No overview available.
lower right: E. Boudin-64.
Marks and Labels
Acquired in Boston or New York, 1866, as Beach near Scheveningen by Dr. Henry Clay Angell [d. 1911], Boston; by inheritance to his wife Martha Bartlett Angell [d. 1919], Boston; gift 1916 to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; 1950 to (E. and A. Silberman Galleries, New York); sold 1951 to Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Opening Exhibition, Robert Dawson Evans Memorial Galleries for Paintings, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1915, unnumbered checklist in Museum of Fine Arts Bulletin XIII, no. 75 (3 February 1915)
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings by Eugene Boudin, The Art Institute of Chicago, 1935-1936, no. 1
- Golden Gate International Exhibition, Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco, 1940, no. 233
- French Impressionist Paintings, exhibition to inaugurate McCormick Gallery, Santa Barbara Museum of Art, 1942, no cat.
- Portraits, Figures and Landscapes, The Society of the Four Arts, Palm Beach, Florida, 1951, no. 4
- Masterpieces of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Painting, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Paintings by Eugène Boudin from the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1989, no cat.
- Eugène Boudin at the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2007, no cat.
- From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, January 2010-January 2012, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- MacNeil, Neil. "Chester Dale: Collector." McCalls (November 1963): 124, repro.
- Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 61, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 18
- Cairns, Huntington, and John Walker, eds. A Pageant of Painting from the National Gallery of Art. 2 vols. New York, 1966: 2:432, color repro.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 12, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 40, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 440, no. 629, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 59, repro.
- Hand, John Oliver. National Gallery of Art: Master Paintings from the Collection. Washington and New York, 2004: 352, no. 285, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection