No overview available.
Marks and Labels
(Sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, "Vente-Collection Mlle. X," 30 March 1927, no. 63, as Etude de femme âgée: chapeau à fleur rose); purchased by Chester Dale [1883-1962]; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- 100 Years of French Portraits from the Chester Dale Collection, Museum of French Art, New York, 1928, no. 16
- Twenty-Second Annual Exhibition of Selected Paintings by American Artists, The Buffalo Fine Arts Academy, Albright Art Gallery, 1928, no. 24, repro.
- Exhibition of Paintings by American Impressionist and Other Artists of the Period "1880-1900", Brooklyn Museum, 1932, no.14
- Exhibition of Oils and Pastels by Mary Cassatt, City Art Museum of St. Louis, 1933-1934, no. 6
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Dale, Maud. Before Manet to Modigliani from the Chester Dale Collection. New York, 1929: no. 43, repro., as Dame Agée; Chapeau à Fleur Rose.
- _Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 83, repro.
- _American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 22, repro.
- _American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 35, repro.
- Williams 1981, repro. 139, 140.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 564, no. 858, color repro.
- _American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 40, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection