No overview available.
upper left reverse: F. LEGER / N.Y. 35
Marks and Labels
Commissioned 1935 by Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Twentieth Century Portraits, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1943, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Loan to display with permanent collection, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1954-1959.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, January 2010-January 2012, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 73
- Twentieth Century French Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965 (rev. ed.): 38, repro.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 64, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 190, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 223, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection