No overview available.
upper left: Henri-Matisse 1917.
Marks and Labels
(Galerie Thannhauser, Berlin); purchased 15 October 1930 by (Durand-Ruel, Paris) on joint account with (Paul Rosenberg et Cie., Paris); full ownership acquired 7 February 1950 by (Paul Rosenberg and Co., London, New York and Paris); sold 1952 to Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Matisse, Society of the Four Arts, Palm Beach, Florida, 1953, no. 16, repro.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1954
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Henri Matisse: The Early Years in Nice 1916-1930, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1986, no. 16, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 87, as Lorette.
- Twentieth Century French Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965 (rev. ed.): 46, repro., as Lorette.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 77, repro., as Lorette.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 226, repro., as Lorette.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 259, repro., as Lorette.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection