No overview available.
upper left: To my very dear friend Chester Dale / DiegoRivera. August 1945; lower right on book: FRENCH PAIN[TING] / from the / CHESTER DALE / COLLECTION
Marks and Labels
Commissioned 1945 by Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Portraits of Personalities Past and Present, Portraits, Inc., New York, 1952, no. 38.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, January 2010-January 2012, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Frankfurter, Alfred. "How Great is the Dale Collection?" Art News 64 (May 1965):40-43, 51-53, repro.
- Paintings other than French in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 61, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection