No overview available.
lower left: Claude Monet
Marks and Labels
Sold by the artist to James F. Sutton [d. 1915], New York; by inheritance to his wife; (Sutton sale, American Art Association, New York, 26 October 1933, no. 72); purchased by George Roberts for Chester Dale [1882-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Paintings from the Chester Dale Collection, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1943-1951, unnumbered cat.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Dale 1943, unpaginated, repro.
- Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 93, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 92
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 81, repro.
- Wildenstein, Daniel. Claude Monet: biographie et catalouge raisonné. 5 vols. Lausanne and Paris, 1974-1991: no. 1494.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 242, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 491, no. 726, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 278, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection