No overview available.
lower right: E. Vuillard
Marks and Labels
By gift c. 1931 from the artist to Léopold Marchand, Paris, husband of Micheline Posnafsky, the sitter on left; sold 1940/41 to Jean-Claude Bellier, Paris; by whom sold 27 May 1959 to Chester Dale [1882-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Exposition E. Vuillard, Musée des Arts Décoratifs, Paris, 1938, no. 201
- Edouard Vuillard, Wildenstein, London, 1948, no. 57
- Roussel: Bonnard: Vuillard, Marlborough Fine Art Limited, London, 1954, no. 79 as Sous la lampe.
- Twentieth Century French Paintings from the Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1960, no. 72, repro.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Edouard Vuillard, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Montreal Museum of Fine Arts; Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, Paris; Royal Academy of Arts, London, 2003-2004, no. 325, repro., as In the Salon, Evening, rue de Naples (shown only in Washington).
- Twentieth Century French Paintings from the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1960 (2nd ed.): 72, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 139
- Twentieth Century French Paintings & Sculpture of the French School in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965 (rev. ed.): 94, repro.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 126, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 370, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 583, no. 892, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 430, repro.
- Southgate, M. Therese. The Art of JAMA: One Hundred Covers and Essays from The Journal of the American Medical Association. St. Louis, 1997: 40-41, color repro.
- Salomon, Antoine, and Guy Cogeval. Vuillard, The Inexhaustible Glance: Critical Catalogue of Paintings and Pastels. 3 vols. Milan and Paris, 2003: 3:no. XII-105, as Evening in the Drawing-Room, Rue de Naples.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection