Overview

No overview available.

Inscription

Marks and Labels

null

Provenance

Possibly the Manfredi family, Florence.[1] Possibly a church, Naples, in the late 19th century.[2] Henry Harris [d. 1950], London.[3] (Count Alessandro Contini-Bonacossi, Florence); purchased June 1937 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York;[4] gift 1939 to NGA.

Exhibition History
Bibliography
1941
Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 225, no. A-32.
1942
Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 254, repro. 230.
1945
Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 196, repro.
1959
Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 419, repro.
1965
Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 156.
1968
European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 139, repro.
1976
Middeldorf, Ulrich. Sculptures from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: European Schools XIV-XIX Century. London, 1976: 60.
1984
Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 631, no. 982, repro.
1994
Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 95, repro.
2012
Lewis, Douglas and Tom Eden. "A 'Renaissance' plaquette design from nineteenth-century Vienna." The Medal 60 (Spring 2012): 8-9, figs. 6 and 7(detail), 14 nn. 25,26, 15 n. 27.
Technical Summary