No overview available.
upper left plate: Lepic Degas
Marks and Labels
Henri Petiet, Paris; purchased in 1950 by Lessing Rosenwald, Philadelphia; gift to NGA, 1964.
- Degas Monotypes. Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 1968, no. 1.
- Nelson Atkins Museum, Kansas City, 1973-1974.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald, Tribute to a Collector. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1982., no. 66.
- Degas: The Dancers, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1984-1985, no. 17, repro.
- Prints by James McNeill Whistler and His Contemporaries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995, as The Ballet Master by Edgar Degas, executed in collaboration with Ludovic Napoléon Lepic.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, as The Ballet Master by Edgar Degas and Vicomte Ludovic Napoléon Lepic.
- Degas's Little Dancer. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2014-2015, fig. 11, brochure.
- Janis, Eugenia Parry, compiler. Degas Monotypes; essay, catalogue, and checklist. Cambridge: Fogg Art Museum, 1968.
- Shackelford, George. Degas: The Dancers. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1984: no. 17.
- _National Gallery of Art, Washington. Washington, D.C., 1992: 323, repro.
- Callen, Anthea. The Spectacular Body: Science, Method, and Meaning in the Work of Degas, New Haven and London, 1995: no. 49.
- Fichner-Rathus, Lois. Understanding Art. 4th ed. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1995: 118.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection