No overview available.
Marks and Labels
George Catlin [1796-1872]; by descent to his daughters, Clara Gregory Catlin, Louise Catlin Kinney, and Elizabeth Wing Catlin; purchased 1912 from Elizabeth Wing Catlin by the American Museum of Natural History; sold 1959 through (Kennedy Galleries, New York) to Mr. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift 1965 to the NGA.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, Phoenix Art Museum, 1968-1969.
- Catlin Paintings Exhibit, Albrecht Gallery [now The Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art], St. Joseph, Missouri, 1969-1970.
- [Catlin exhibition], Art Museum of South Texas, Corpus Christi, 1973.
- Extended loan for use by the Ambassador, U.S. Embassy residence, Dublin, Ireland, 1975-1978.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Nicolas Brady, U.S. Department of Treasury, Washington, D.C., 1989-1993.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Lloyd Bentson, U.S. Department of Treasury, Washington, D.C., 1993-1995.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Robert Rubin, U.S. Department of Treasury, Washington, D.C., 1995-1996.
- I Like America. Fictions of the Wild West, Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt, 2006-2007, no. 31, repro.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 29.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 90, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 80, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection