No overview available.
Marks and Labels
George Catlin [1796-1872]; by descent to his daughters, Clara Gregory Catlin, Louise Catlin Kinney, and Elizabeth Wing Catlin; purchased 1912 from Elizabeth Wing Catlin by the American Museum of Natural History; sold 1959 through (Kennedy Galleries, New York) to Mr. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift 1965 to the NGA.
- Extended loan for use by the Diplomatic Reception Rooms, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., 1966-Nov. 1981, Mar. 1982-1990.
- American Indian Life: Paintings by George Catlin, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1980.
- George Catlin, Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, 1981-1982.
- George Catlin and His Indian Gallery, Renwick Gallery, Washington, D.C., 2002-2003, not in cat.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 29.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 89, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 49, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection