lower left: [Kemmelm]eyer Pin[xi]t th[e]  January 180; lower right: First Landing of / C.R COLUMBUS at the / Ifland St SALVADOR South / AMERICA the 11th October
Recorded as from Maryland. (The Old Print Shop, New York); sold 1948 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift 1966 to NGA.
- American Primitive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Part II, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1957, no. 37.
- American Primitive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Springfield Art Museum, Missouri, 1958, no cat.
- Exhibition of Early American Art, Academy of the Arts, Talbot County Historical Society, Easton, Maryland, 1962, no. 9.
- The American Primitive Paintings Exhibit, organized by the Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara, California, for de Saisset Art Gallery, University of Santa Clara, 1968.
- American Primitive Painting, South Texas Artmobile, Corpus Christi, traveling exhibition by the International Exhibitions Foundation, Washington, 1972-1973, no cat.
- Extended loan for use by Justice William H. Rehnquist, The Supreme Court of the United States, Washington, D.C., 1973-1976.
- In This Academy: The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, 1805-1976, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1976, no. 138, repro. 103.
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Terra Museum of American Art, Evanston, Illinois, 1981-1982, no. 37 (cat. by Ronald McKnight Melvin).
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, traveling exh. by the International Exhibitions Foundation, Washington, 1985-1987, no. 42, color repro. First venue: Museum of American Folk Art, New York.
- La Nascita di Una Nazione: Pittori americani dalla National Gallery of Art di Washington 1730-1880, Palazzo Pepoli Campogrande, Bologna; Galleria Internazionale d'Arte Moderna di Ca'Pesaro, Venice, 1988-1989, no. 42, repro.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador James Blanchard, U.S. Embassy residence, Ottawa, Canada, 1993-1995.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, South Texas Institute for the Arts, Corpus Christi, 1997.
- Washington County Artists, Washington County Museum of Fine Arts, Hagerstown, Maryland, 1997-1998, no cat.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 76, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 186, repro.
- Adams, E. Bryding. "Frederick Kemmelmeyer, Maryland Itinerant Artist." Antiques 125 (January 1984): color pl. 2.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 217, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 239-241, color repro. 240.