in later hand, lower center on mount: Go. Callot.; on verso at upper left: N 27 (?), partially trimmed; in red ink below that, in another hand 0.No 4; in graphite below that, diagonally to the right: 2/3; in graphtie at center: Callot; in graphite below that, very small and in a different hand: 110; in pen and brown ink below that, in another hand; From this drawing Their is a print; in graphite at lower left: 20; in graphite at lower center: 268 / WS 3299 / DBANM
Salamon Gautier, (Lugt 2978), Amsterdam and Paris; Sir Bruce Ingram [1877-1962] (Lugt Supp. 1405a), Chesham, England; C. Robert Rudolf, London; (sale, London, Sotheby's, 21 May 1963, lot 47); (William H. Schab, New York); purchased by NGA, 1968.
- Old Master Drawings from the Collection of Mr. C. R. Rudolf. British Arts Council, 1962: no. 169.
- A Distinguished Collection of Important Original Etchings, Engravings & Woodcuts...Drawings by Great Old & Modern Masters. William H. Schab Gallery, New York, catalogue 36, probably 1964, no. 99
- A Distinguished Collection.... Cat. 42 William Schab Gallery, New York, probably 1968, no. 147.
- Jacques Callot 1592-1635. Rhode Island School of Design, 1970: no. 64.
- Jacques Callot Prints and Related Drawings. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 163, 189-190 no. 155.
- From Fontainebleau to the Louvre: French Drawing from the Seventeenth Century. Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, 1989, no. 12.
- Jacques Callot 1591-1635. Musée Historique Lorrain, Nancy, 1992: no. 629.
- Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2009, 48-49, 276, no. 15 (color).
- Ternois, Daniel. Jacques Callot, catalogue complet de son oeuvre dessine. Paris, 1962.
- Fine Prints and Drawings by Old and Modern Masters, William H. Schab Gallery, New York, n.d. (Catalogue 36, c. 1964): 108, no. 99.
- Great Old Master Prints & Drawings 1500-1800 from Distinguished Collections, William H. Schab Gallery, New York, n.d. (Catalogue 42, c. 1968]): 116, no. 147.
- McCullagh, Suzanne. "Cleveland, Cambridge, and Ottawa: Seventeenth Century French Drawings." The Burlington Magazine CXXXII (1990): 234-35, no. 85.