Recorded as from California. (Robert Carlen, Philadelphia), by whom sold in 1950 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1969.
- Extended loan for use by the Ambassador, U.S. Embassy residence, Dublin, Ireland, 1978-1981.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary John Block, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C., 1982-1984.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Richard Burt, U.S. Embassy residence, Bonn, West Germany, 1986-1989.
- Extended loan for use by Charlene Barshefsky, U.S. Trade Representative, Washington, D.C., 1996-1997.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 271, repro.
- Lipman, Jean. "Jurgan Frederick Huge." Antiques 132 (September 1987): 548, color pl. 3. (see also "A Huge Postscript," 496).
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 207, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 211-213, color repro. 212.