No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Dr. Catherine L. Bacon, Woods Hole, Massachusetts; gift 1969 to NGA.
- Extended loan for use by Blair House, Washington, D.C., 1970-1985.
- Bower, Virginia, Josephine Hadley Knapp, Stephen Little, and Robert Wilson Torchia. Decorative Arts, Part II: Far Eastern Ceramics and Paintings; Persian and Indian Rugs and Carpets. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 286-287, color repro.
The support is a fine-weight, plain-weave cotton or linen that has been lined, and the original tacking margins removed. A smooth white ground is applied overall. The paint, probably oil, is applied in a thin, translucent glaze. There is some raised paint texture in the clouds and details of the figures.
The paint is slightly abraded and the varnish slightly discolored, but there are no major damages or losses. A few small damages in the sky have been inpainted.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection