No overview available.
lower right by later hand: E. Boudin 1870 [?]
Marks and Labels
Levy de Benzion, Paris. (sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 29 November 1949, no. 80). E. Slater; sold 1950 to (Alex Reid and Lefevre, Glasgow and London); sold 1951 to Capt. Edward H. Molyneux [1891-1974], Paris; sold 15 August 1955 to Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- French Paintings from the Molyneux Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1952, unnumbered checklist.
- Paintings by Eugène Boudin from the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1989, no cat.
- Eugène Boudin at the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2007, no cat.
- Eugene Boudin, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 2007-2008, no cat.
- Loan to display with permanent collection, Academy Art Museum, Easton, Maryland, 2009-2010, no catalogue.
- Schmidt, Robert. Eugéne Boudin, 1824-1898. 3 vols. Paris, 1973: I:430
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 42, repro.
- Small French Paintings from the Bequest of Ailsa Mellon Bruce. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978: 8, repro. (continuing exhibition beginning in 1978).
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 443, no. 632, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 61, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection