No overview available.
lower left: E. Boudin 94; lower right: Etretat.
Marks and Labels
Georges Ibos, Paris; (Ibos sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 19 June 1900, no. 11); purchased by (Durand-Ruel, Paris); sold 14 November 1935 to (E.J. van Wisselingh and Co., Amsterdam). M.P. Voûte, Jr., Amsterdam; sold 1937 to (E.J. van Wisselingh and Co., Amsterdam); sold 1937 to (M. Knoedler and Co., New York); sold 12 December 1942 to (Harry MacNeil Bland Galleries, New York); sold 1942 to Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- Tentoonstelling Eugène Boudin, 1824-1898, E.J. van Wisselingh, Amsterdam, 1937, no. 24
- Small French Paintings from the Bequest of Ailsa Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, 1978, unnumbered catalogue.
- Paintings by Eugène Boudin from the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1989, no cat.
- Normany and Its Artists Remembered, Nassau County Museum of Art, Rosslyn Harbor, New York, 1994, unnumbered checklist, fig. 7.
- Eugène Boudin at the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2007, no cat.
- Eugene Boudin, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 2007-2008, no cat.
- Loan to display with permanent collection, Academy Art Museum, Easton, Maryland, 2009-2010, no catalogue.
- Impressionists at the Waterside: Depicting Urban Resorts: Paris, the Seine, and Normandy, Tokyo Fuji Art Museum; Fukuoka City Museum; The Museum of Kyoto, 2013-2014, no. 69, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 42, repro.
- Small French Paintings from the Bequest of Ailsa Mellon Bruce. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978: 16, repro. (continuing exhibition beginning in 1978).
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 443, no. 633, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 62, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection