No overview available.
upper right: Henri-Matisse
Marks and Labels
Capt. Edward H. Molyneux [1891-1974], Paris, France, by 1952; sold 15 August 1955 to Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- French Paintings from the Molyneux Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1952, unnumbered checklist.
- Hampton National Historic Site, Towson, Maryland, May - October 1956.
- French Paintings of the Nineteenth Century from the Collection of Mrs. Mellon Bruce, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 1961, no. 26, repro
- French Paintings from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 192, repro
- Vincent van Gogh and the Modern Movement 1890-1914, Museum Folkwang Essen, Essen, 1990, no. 97, repro.; Rijksmusem Vincent van Gogh, Amsterdam, 1990-1991, no. 120, repro.
- Henri Matisse 1904-1917, Musée national d'art moderne, Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris, 1994, no. 28, repro.
- Fauves, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney; National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne, 1995-1996, no. 75, repro.
- Matisse, Queensland Art Gallery, Brisbane; National Gallery of Australia, Canberra; National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne, 1995, no. 32, repro.
- Fauvism: "Wild Beasts", Tel Aviv Museum of Art, 1996, no. 51, repro.
- Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art; Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, 1999, no. 74, repro.
- Fauve Painting from the Permanent Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2004-2005, no cat.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 228, repro.
- Small French Paintings from the Bequest of Ailsa Mellon Bruce. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978: 112, repro. (continuing exhibition beginning in 1978).
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 262, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection