No overview available.
lower left: C. Pissarro.1898
Marks and Labels
By inheritance from the artist [1830-1903] to his wife, Mme Camille [Julie] Pissarro. (Galerie Manzi-Joyant, Paris). (Paul Rosenberg et Cie., Paris). Mme. Louise Gillou, Paris, by 1939; her daughter, Mme. René Fenwick, Paris; (her estate sale, Palais Galliera, 3 December 1964, no. 22). (César de Hauke, Geneva); sold 1964 to (M. Knoedler & Co., London and New York); sold 16 February 1965 to Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 34, repro
- Homage to Camille Pissarro: The Last Years, 1890-1903, The Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis, 1980, no. 14, repro.
- Impressionisti della National Gallery of Art di Washington, Ala Napoleonica e Museo Correr, Venice, and Palazzo Reale, Milan, 1989, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Around Impressionism: French Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1999, no cat.
- Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art; Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, 1999, no. 47, repro.
- Cézanne in Florence. Two collectors and the 1910 Exhibition of Impressionism., Palazzo Strozzi, Florence, 2007, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Impressionist Gardens, National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh, 2010-2011, no. 62, repro.
- Pissarro, Ludovic and Lionello Venturi. Camille Pissarro, son art, son oeuvre. 2 vols. Paris, 1939:1:228, no. 1057, as Le Jardin D'Éragny; 2:pl. 212.
- Goldwater, Robert. "The Glory that was France." Art News 65 (March 1966): 45, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 272, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 511, no. 762, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 315, repro.
- Reid, Martin. Pissarro. London, 1993:136, repro.
- Pissarro, Joachim and Claire Durand-Ruel Snollaerts, Pissarro: Critical Catalogue of the Paintings, 3 vols., Milan, Paris and New York, 2005: III:no. 1215, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection