No overview available.
lower left: E Vuillard 94
Marks and Labels
(Valentine Dudensing Gallery, New York); (Dudensing sale, American Art Association, New York 24 March 1932, no. 26). Capt. Richard Peto, Isle of Wight; sold 1944 to (Alex Reid & Lefèvre, Glasgow, and London); by whom sold 1945 to Capt. Edward H. Molyneux [1891-1974], Paris; sold 15 August 1955 to Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- An Exhibition of Paintings and Prints by the Masters of Post-Impressionism, The City Art Museum, St. Louis, 1931, no. 42, as The Artist's Mother.
- French Paintings from the Molyneux Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1952, unnumbered checklist.
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 178, repro
- The Intimate Interiors of Edouard Vuillard, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; The Phillips Collection, Washington; The Brooklyn Museum, 1989-1990, no. 67, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 372, repro.
- Small French Paintings from the Bequest of Ailsa Mellon Bruce. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978: 106, repro. (continuing exhibition beginning in 1978).
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 432, repro.
- Salomon, Antoine, and Guy Cogeval. Vuillard, The Inexhaustible Glance: Critical Catalogue of Paintings and Pastels. 3 vols. Milan and Paris, 2003: 1:no. IV-150, repro., as Madame Vuillard at Table.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection