No overview available.
lower left: COROT
Marks and Labels
F. Stumpf, Paris; (Stumpf sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris 27 November 1894, no. 19, as Marine); purchased by (F. and J. Tempelaere, Paris). Aimé Diot [d. 1896], Paris; (his sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 8 March 1897, no. 35, as Falaises). Nicolas Auguste Hazard [1834-1913], Paris; (Hazard sale, Galerie Georges Petit, Paris, 3 December 1919, no. 91, as La Plage); purchased by Rosenthal, Paris; (Rosenthal sale, Paris, 9 May 1934, no. 67); purchased by Dr. Georges Viau [1855-1939], Paris; (his estate sale, part I, 11 December 1942, no. 81). Baron Pellenc, Paris, in 1944. André Schoëller [1879-1955], Paris, in 1945. Captain Edward H. Molyneux [1891-1974], Paris, by 1952; sold 1955 to Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- French Paintings from the Molyneux Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1952, unnumbered checklist, as Seascape -- Arromanches.
- Hampton National Historic Site, Towson, MD, May - October 1956
- Paintings from the Collection of Mrs. Mellon Bruce, Society of the Four Arts, Palm Beach, 1958, no. 26, as Seascape-Arromanches
- French Paintings from the Collection of Mrs. Mellon Bruce, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, 1961, no. 14, repro., as Seascape-Arromanches
- Small French Paintings from the Bequest of Ailsa Mellon Bruce. Exh. Cat. National Gallery of Art, 1978:4, repro. (continuing exhibition beginning in 1978)
- Manet and Modern Paris, National Gallery of Art, 1982-1983, no. 58, repro.
- Impressionisti della National Gallery of Art di Washington, Ala Napoleonica e Museo Correr, Venice, and Palazzo Reale, Milan, 1989, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Robaut, Alfred, and Etienne Moreau-Nélaton. L'Oeuvre de Corot. Catalogue raisonné et illustré. 5 vols. Paris, 1905: 3:270, no. 2076, repro., as Une plage avec des barques au loin sur la mer (Normandie)
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 80, repro.
- Small French Paintings from the Bequest of Ailsa Mellon Bruce. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978: 4, repro. (continuing exhibition beginning in 1978).
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 99, repro.
- Eitner, Lorenz. French Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part I: Before Impressionism. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000: 92-94, color repro.