No overview available.
False signature upper right in black crayon: Picasso 19; upper left verso: 1195
Marks and Labels
Sir Hugh Walpole [1884-1941]; (Leicester Galleries, London, 1945); Edward H. Molyneux, 1955; Ailsa Mellon Bruce.
- French Paintings from the Molyneux Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1952, unnumbered checklist.
- Hampton National Historic Site, Towson, MD, May - October 1956
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 246, repro.
- NGA Master Drawings 1978, p. 113.
- Picasso and Portraiture: Representation and Transformation, The Museum of Modern Art, New York; Grand Palais, Paris, 1996, p. 117 (repro).
- Picasso: The Early Years, 1892-1906, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1997.
- A Century of Drawing, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002, no. 4.
- Picasso's Drawings, 1890-1921: Reinventing Tradition, The Frick Collection, New York; National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2011-2012, no. 9.
- Zervos, Christian. Pablo Picasso. 33 vols. Paris, 1932-1978.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 685, no. 1103, color repro.
- The Artist Before Nature. Auckland Art Gallery, New Zealand, 1989: no. 2.
- Picasso: The Early Years, 1892-1906. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1997-1998: no. 76.
- A Century of Drawing. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002: no. 4.
- Robison, Andrew. "Picasso's Drawings, 1890-1921: Reinventing Tradition." National Gallery of Art Bulletin 45 (Fall 2011): 32 (color repro.).
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection