No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Art market, London; (Michael Hall Fine Arts, New York, in 1967); purchased 5 March 1971 by NGA.
- Recent Acquisitions and Promised Gifts: Sculpture, Drawings, Prints, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1974, no. VI, repro., as The Grand Dauphin on Horseback, Attributed to François Girardon.
- Glorious Horsemen: Equestrian Art in Europe 1500-1800, Museum of Fine Arts, Springfield, Massachusetts; The J.B. Speed Museum of Art, Louisville, 1981-1982, no. 76, repro.
- Lewis, Douglas. "Two Equestrian Statuettes after Martin Desjardins." Studies in the History of Art vol. 6 (1974):142-155, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 640, no. 1009, repro., as Louis of France, The Grand Dauphin.
- Seelig, Lorenz. "Eine Reiterstatuette Kurfürst Max Emanuels von Bayern aus dem Jahr 1699." Anzeiger des Germanischen Nationalmuseums (1986):65-67, repro.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 74, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection