No overview available.
lower center: PM
Marks and Labels
The artist; consigned 1925 to (Sophie Küppers, Hanover and Dresden); Friedrich Bienert [d. 1969], Dresden and Berlin; sold to (Galerie Rudolf Springer, Berlin); sold c. 1951 to Jon Nicholas Streep, Amsterdam and New York; John L. Senior, Jr., New York; (Sidney Janis Gallery, New York); sold 1955/1956 to Herbert and Nannette Rothschild, New York; gift 1971 to NGA.
- Herbert and Nannette Rothschild Collection, Brown University Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, 1966, no. 112
- Piet Mondrian 1872-1944, The Art Gallery of Toronto; The Philadelphia Museum of Art; Gemeentemuseum, The Hague, 1966, no. 94, repro.
- Piet Mondrian Centennial Exhibition, The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, 1971, no 99, repro.
- Aspects of Twentieth-Century Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978-1979, no. 80, repro., as Lozenge in Red, Yellow, and Blue.
- Mondrian: The Diamond Compositions, National Gallery of Art,1979, no. 6, repro.
- De Stijl, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, 1982
- Utopian Visions in Modern Art: Dreams and Nightmares, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, 1983
- Piet Mondrian: 1872-1944, Haags Gemeentemuseum, The Hague; National Gallery of Art, Washington; The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1994-1996, no. 108, as TABLEAU NO. IV; Lozenge Composition with Red, Gray, Blue, Yellow, and Black.
- Abstraction in the Twentieth Century: Total Risk, Freedom, Discipline, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, 1996, no. 23, repro.
- Encounters with Modern Art: The Reminiscences of Nanette F. Rothschild: Works from the Rothschild Family Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia Museum of Art; San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 1996-1997, no. 64, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 240, repro., as Lozenge in Red, Yellow, and Blue.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 612, no. 948, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 276, repro.
- National Gallery of Art, Washington. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 258, repro.
- Piet Mondrian: 1872-1944. Exh. cat. Haags Gemeentemuseum, The Hague; National Gallery of Art, Washington; The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1994-1996: no. 108.
- Encounters with Modern Art: Works from the Rothschild Family Collections. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Philadelphia Museum of Art; San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 1996-1997: no. 64.
- Wilkins, David G. and Bernard Schultz and Katheryn M. Linduff. Art Past-Art Present. New York, 1997: no. 1-16, repro.
- Joosten, Joop M. Piet Mondrian: catalogue raisonné. 3 vols. Paris, 1998: 2:no. B156.
- Kirsh, Andrea, and Levenson, Rustin S. Seeing Through Paintings: Physical Examination in Art Historical Studies. Physical Examination in Art Historical Studies, vol. 1. New Haven, 2000: 203-205, color fig. 220, fig. 222, 223.
- Southgate, M. Therese. The Art of JAMA II: Covers and Essays from The Journal of the American Medical Association. Chicago, 2001: 94-95, 211, color repro.
- Hand, John Oliver. National Gallery of Art: Master Paintings from the Collection. Washington and New York, 2004: 426-427, no. 356, color repro.
- Cooper, Harry. The Robert and Jane Meyerhoff Collection: Selected Works. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2009: 20, repro. 21.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection