No overview available.
upper left reverse, on the fabric in black marker: ANDY WARHOL/62; upper left reverse, on the stretcher in black marker: ANDY WARHOL 62
Marks and Labels
Acquired 1962 from the artist by Burton G. [1902-1991] and Emily Hall [1908-1987] Tremaine, Madison, Connecticut; International Art Foundation, New York, by 1969; gift 1971 to NGA.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, Connecticut, 1967.
- Pop Art Redefined, Hayward Gallery, London, 1969, no. 148, pl. 83.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, Detroit Institute of Arts, at least 1971-1976.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, The Picker Art Gallery, Colgate University, Hamilton, New York, 1985-1987.
- Made in U.S.A.: An Americanization in Modern Art, the '50s & '60s, University Art Museum, Berkeley, California; The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri; Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 1987, fig. 114.
- Andy Warhol: A Retrospective, Museum of Modern Art, New York; Art Institute of Chicago, 1989, no. 134, repro.
- Neo-Dada: Redefining Art, 1958-62, Scottsdale Center for the Arts, Arizona; The Equitable Gallery, New York, 1994-1995, fig. 24 (not shown at last three venues).
- Andy Warhol: A Factory, Kunstmuseum Wolfsburg; Kunsthalle Wien; Palais des Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles, Brussels, 1998-2000, no. 106, repro. (not shown at final three venues: Museo Guggenheim, Bilbao; Fundaçao Serralves, Porto; Guggenheim Museum, New York)
- Loan to Commemoration of the 20th Anniversary of Andy Warhol's Death, The Andy Warhol Museum, 2007, no catalogue.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 373, repro.
- National Gallery of Art, Washington. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 271, repro.
- Hand, John Oliver. National Gallery of Art: Master Paintings from the Collection. Washington and New York, 2004: 454, no. 383, color repro.
- Rosenberg, Bonnie. "Andy Makes the News: Washington's Warhol Double Bill." The Art Newspaper 20, no. 227 (September 2011): 71, color repro.
- Suddath, Claire, Feifei Sun and Kayla Webley. "The Culture: Pop Chart." Time 178, no. 14: 55, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection