No overview available.
center right on parapet: S . LVCRETIA
Marks and Labels
Probably commissioned by Alfonso I d'Este, Duca di Ferrara. Cardinal Antonio Barberini [d.1671], Rome; by inheritance to Maffeo Barberini [d.1685], Principe di Palestrina, Rome; Ugo Ferraguti [1885-1938], Palazzo Rospigliosi, Rome; (Ferraguti sale, Galleria Tavazzi, Rome, 12-24 December 1932, no. 390). Dr. A. Porcella, Rome, by 1933. (Jacob M. Heimann, New York); sold 1938 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- Pitture Ferrarese del Rinascimento, Ferrara, 1933, no. 197, repro.
- Dosso Dossi: Court Painter in Renaissance Ferrara, Exhibit Halls, Palazzo dei Diamanti, Ferrara; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, 1998-1999, no. 30a, repro. (shown only in New York and Los Angeles).
- Lucrezia Borgia, Palazzo Bonacossi, Ferrara, 2002, no. 32, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 59, no. 481.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 249, repro. 99.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 167, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 43.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 36, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 74, fig. 178.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 110, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:162-164, II:pl. 117
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 133, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection