No overview available.
lower center: Picasso
Marks and Labels
Possibly (Galerie Pierre, Paris). Mary Callery [1903-1977], Boulogne-sur-Seine and New York, by 1939; Carlo Frua de Angeli [d. 1972], Milan, by 1960; (Galerie Beyeler, Basel); purchased 5 October 1972 by NGA.
- Aspects of Twentieth-Century Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978-1979, no. 11, repro.
- Pablo Picasso Exhibition, National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, 1983.
- Zervos, Christian. Pablo Picasso. 33 vols. Paris, 1942-: 2(1942): no. 233.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 268, repro.
- Watson, Ross. The National Gallery of Art, Washington. New York, 1979: 130, pl. 117.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 606, no. 939, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 310, repro.
- Kramer, Hilton. "Modern Art at the National Gallery." The New Criterion 7, no. 8 (April 1989): 3.
- Kopper, Philip. America's National Gallery of Art: A Gift to the Nation. New York, 1991: 262-263, color repro.
- National Gallery of Art, Washington. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 255, repro.
- Hand, John Oliver. National Gallery of Art: Master Paintings from the Collection. Washington and New York, 2004: 408, no. 339, color repro.
- Cooper, Harry. The Robert and Jane Meyerhoff Collection: Selected Works. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2009: 22, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection