No overview available.
in unknown hand, lower left: Annibal Carache.; across center verso of mount: 34. Annibale Carracci. Portrait of a priestin a cap: red / chalk ... Sir Thomas Lawrence
Marks and Labels
Ellesmere (L. Supp.2710b)
Charles-Gilbert, Viscount Morel de Vinde (according to inscription on back of mount); Samuel Woodburn; Sir Thomas Lawrence (Lugt 2445); Samuel Woodburn; Lord Francis Egerton, 1st Earl of Ellesmere (Lugt 2710b), and by descent (sale, Sotheby's, London, 11 July 1972, no. 75); P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., Ltd., for NGA, purchase in 1972.
- The Lawrence Gallery, Sixth Exhibition, Messrs. Woodburn's Gallery, London, 1936, no. 67.
- Old Master Drawings, Leicester Museums and Art Gallery, 1952, no. 16.
- The Ellesmere Collection of Old Master Drawings, Museums and Art Gallery, Leicester, 1954, no. 84 (P. A. Tomory).
- The Carracci, Drawings and Paintings, The Hatton Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne, 1961, no. 166 (as Follower of Annibale).
- NGA Recent Acquisitions 1974, no. 28.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection